Wednesday, March 07, 2007

One Small Step

Day 10

Workout:
Walk 1.5 miles
Run 1.5 miles
Walk .5 miles
3 minute cool down

Walk Pace: 3.5 - 4.2 mph, 1.5% incline
Run Pace: 5.5 mph, 1% incline

Distance: 3.65 miles
Time: 50 minutes

I didn't at all follow the program workout yesterday. It was supposed to be another one of those walking 3 - 5 miles days. Heck no! I could not bring myself to do it! So, after a mile and a half, I decided I would just run a half mile, which turned into a full mile, which then turned into a mile and a half. I could have kept going, but I reminded myself that soon I will be running miles and miles and miles, wishing I had a walking only day! So, I walked another half mile and called it quits!

Tomorrow I leave for LA. I'm not even close to ready! I still have to pack, do the dishes, take out the garbage and clean the bathroom so my bunny-sitter (yes, I have a little destructo bunny!) doesn't think I'm the grossest person alive! Plus, my laptop arrives today so I know I'm just going to spend the whole evening playing around and getting it set up. AND I'm supposed to get up at 5am tomorrow so I can squeeze a workout in? This is going to take a miracle! I might as well just assume I'll be running on 3 hours sleep tomorrow. I can nap on the plane! Speaking of naps, I need coffee...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

One must sometimes deviated from the plotted path and strike out on a new course and in a new direction. I'm roud of you...keep up the fantastic work sis!!!