Friday, June 06, 2008

4 Months

4 months from today I will be done. I will have crossed the finish line, probably bawled my eyes out and be lounging away my sore muscles. 4 months from today is the day after my marathon.

I know I'm still in the beginning, although running seems to be coming much more naturally to me already. Yesterday I didn't have a run and I found myself feeling the urge to get out on the road as I lay in bed last night. 4 months is a long time. Although, I've already been at it for almost 2 1/2. Crazy, ain't it? Time flies, I guess.

The heat settled in here with a quickness. This is the real test. There can be no holds barred! Heat or no heat, treadmill or sidewalk, the runs must go on! Tonight is only 30 minutes...it'll be on the treadmill, no doubt :) I have 8 miles for my long run this weekend and it's pretty funny to me how I'm looking forward to 8 miles like its a walk in the park. It it was only a few weeks ago that I was dreading 8 miles and crossing my fingers that I'd make it back alive!

Next weekend is my first benchmark...half marathon distance. Will I be ready? I'm pretty sure. Actually, I should slaughter my Chicago Distance Classic time from last year without a doubt. Boy, did that race suck for me :)

I've got a long ways to go, but I've already come so far. I couldn't be prouder of myself right now. 4 months and counting...

2 comments:

E said...

Good luck on your 8 miler and have a great weekend. :)

Anonymous said...

KEEP IT UP!!!!