Tuesday, June 24, 2008

A Lazy Evening

Yesterday was a rest day with the running, but I was SUPPOSED to start the Hundred Pushups Challenge last night. Too bad I did not remember until after the lights were out and I was all snuggled up in my bed...once I'm in bed, there is no getting me out! :) And since we all know that mornings aren't my thing, I'll have to start tonight. Now, do I do them before or after my run? Hmmmm...

I've been really, REALLY tired lately working all these hours at the office and having trouble sleeping since the death of our friend. I made my flight home for his service last night so at least now I know how long I'll be gone. I'm hoping to still be able to keep up with my running and push ups while I'm there. It will be fun to run all my old routes and actually attempt a few hills! Maybe I'll even go check out the Portland Marathon course so I can really see what I'll be up against! Its just too bad that I'm going home for such a sad reason :(

Finally, today is my first check in for the Healthy You Challenge. My goals for this are to just feel better, stronger, more energized and in an overal better place than right now! Losing a few pounds along the way would be fantastic, but that isn't how I'll be measuring my success! Here goes Week 1!

7 comments:

Jess said...

I've been doing them before my run. Mostly because after a run, I'm tired and just want to chill out.

Girl with a Problem said...

So sorry for the loss of your friend. I think it's great to keep up with your routine while you are at home. I think it helps to have something that you can control when there are things going on around you that you have no control over.

Welcome to the HYC community.

Ms. Gigglepuss said...

Welcome to the HYC! Sounds like you have a good plan to keep up your training while back home. I just suck at pushups...my arm strength is lackluster. Good luck on finally accomplishing a marathon this year and I'll definitely be back!

Katy said...

Welcome to HYC!

Anonymous said...

Welcome to Healthy You! And, I'm a very sorry to hear about your loss.

Good luck on your goals this week! Take care!

E said...

I'd do the push ups before you run. Good luck!

Anonymous said...

Welcome to HYC! I've enjoyed reading your blog, very inspirational in what you are accomplishing!