Monday, June 16, 2008

Hmmm...where's the running?

I think my last run was on Wednesday :(

I wouldn't exactly call that falling off the wagon, but I do seem to be finding it hard to get moving!

The weather has been hit and miss this past week with the worst of it culminating in me cancelling my 13.1 on Sunday. It takes me awhile to get psyched up for this type of run so I was ready to go! Woke up at 6am on Sunday, turned on the weather channel and saw the biggest, ugliest storm about to hit Rockford. It would probably be about an hour and a half before it reached the city. No way could I run 13 miles that fast :)

Sure enough, it hit with force and by a little after 8am, it was about over. But, more watches and warnings were coming up. And while the temperature did dip down as far as 60 degrees during the rain, it was rising swiftly. No, the run would have to wait until the evening if that. And...well...let's be honest here...if you give Nicole too much time to make excuses to not do something, she will :)

So, it did not happen. Not at all. Poop. That's all I got to say.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It sucks when the weather gets in the way of running.