Wednesday, June 25, 2008

A Good (Hard) Run & Some Pushups

Last night was a 40 minute run. It was about 79 degrees and luckily it didn't feel too humid. It was cloudy so that helped a ton! I felt like I was running really hard and thought for sure I was going to see amazing numbers on the Garmin as far as how fast I was clocking my miles. Alas, this was not so! Kept all my miles under 10 minutes, but nothing mind blowing. Nothing like what I FELT I was running. Poo. It must have been the heat.

In an attempt to get my run in before dark, I got home, changed and was right back out the door. It wasn't until I was on my cool down walk that I realized I was supposed to do my push ups BEFORE I had gone out to run! What is it with me trying to get out of doing these push ups??? It is not on purpose! I swear!! So, once again, I was looking at delaying the start of the challenge. About 10pm, as I was getting ready to shut the house down and head to bed, I thought...I should try the push ups. I figured, if I felt like I might never get back up off the ground, I'd wait until the next day. But, if I could get it done, then all the better! And that I did! Did my 4 sets of 2 (yeah, yeah) and then my final set to max out...which I did at 4 :) So, 12 total pushups! Hey, I gotta start somewhere!!

Tonight, I have a 45 minute run on the agenda. Day 2 of pushups will be tomorrow and then another 40 minute run on Friday. Bright and early on Saturday morning I head for Portland where I'll be through Thursday. Have I mentioned yet that I'm tired? :)

2 comments:

E said...

Nice job!

Linda said...

Great job! I don't know if I could do one push up.