Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Fool Proof!

Since I've been having a hard time getting up and running again, I came up with a fool proof plan to get me into action! See, my friend was nice enough to pick me up from work tonight and instead of having him just drop me off, I put my plan into action!

I ran inside, quickly changed into my running gear, grabbed my key, Ipod & Garmin and was back out the door and in his car.

The destination? His house.

The catch? I'd have to run back home :)

I knew I'd never back out and have him take me all the way back to my house so once I was up there, there was gonna be no choice but to run my way back across the city. And run I did! It ended up being 5 miles...split about half and half with the lakefront path and street running. No better way to get back in the groove than to leave yourself with no other option!

I also came across something fun today that I've decided I'm going to be a part of. It's called The Healthy You Challenge, but I'll blog more about it tomorrow.

For now, I think I'll start by making daily goals. And tomorrow's will be that I can have NO CHOCOLATE! This may sound easy to most of you, but rarely a day goes by that I don't have chocolate in some form or another. It might be my mocha in the morning. It might be a Banana Baby at night. It might just be some straight up candy from the vending machine! I'm a Chocoholic and I'm not afraid to admit it! So, tomorrow, no chocolate :(

And really, you should try the banana babies!

bananas

No comments: