Thursday, June 05, 2008

Another run & String Cheese Rocks

Let's start with the string cheese, shall we? I bought one the other day at the Walgreens across from my building because I wanted a light snack that wasn't bad for me. Oh, how I had forgotten how satisfying a little string cheese can be! And how fun it is to actually string pieces off instead of just scarfing it down in 4 bites. All that fun for only 75 calories! String cheese rocks!

Okay, on to running! Did a quick 30 minutes on Tuesday. Still running sub-10s on my daily runs. I usually fall somewhere between 9:30 and 9:45...and I can live with that!

Last night, my friend and I braved the incredibly dense fog and went for a run on the lake. The weather was humid, but cool so it felt pretty good. I usually don't like running with other people because I feel like its going to go one of two ways: Either I'm going to kill myself trying to keep their pace or I'm going to be totally guilt-ridden that I'm slowing them down. Being that I forgot to bring my Ipod, I welcomed the opportunity for a distraction and my friend and ran together.

I know I was a little slow for what he likes to run, but I bit my lip and avoided telling him to go on without me. And even though we didn't say much to each other, just him running with me was a distraction and made the run fly by! And of course, he made me push it for the 2 minutes or so and finish strong. It was a nice way to change things up and I really enjoyed it!

2 comments:

E said...

I love string cheese too. :)

I feel the same way about running with someone. Glad you had a good run!

Anonymous said...

I cant eat in the strings..I have to scarf it down in 4 bites!!!