Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Crabby

That's me today. For no reason. I hate that! It took all my energy to smile and be nice to students. I was sort of snubbing my co-worker when she tried to talk to me. I even tried to weasel my way out of a meeting with some people from our Corporate Office because I didn't think I could handle sucking up and being nice :) Finally, I just looked at my co-worker and said, "I am in a bad mood and I have no idea why!". She smiled and said she thought she might be in a bad mood too :p Maybe it was just one of those days!

Since all my energy was zapped from pretending to be nice, running was the very last thing I was in the mood for when I got off. There was a moment today where I dreamed of running outside when I got home, but the cold wind quickly put that idea to bed. Since I have yet to miss a run on my the training schedule, I knew I'd just have to pick myself up and go.

The run actually started off feeling great. I felt strong and I wasn't straining. My LLS seems to be remedied! After 20 minutes or so, I peeked at the clock. It was all down hill from there! I started playing peek-a-boo with the timer for the rest of the run. Nothing makes it go slower! But, the bottom line is that I got it done! Again! I already feel the calluses on my feet coming back :( Ew! I really need to make it a point to treat myself to a pedicure here and there this summer. We'll see...

1 comment:

Iron Jayhawk said...

Callouses are good for distance runners! I always manage to get blisters on the bottoms of my feet after pedicures during the summer.

Hope you shook yesterday's funk. :)