Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Just a Teeny bit closer

Tonight I think I got just a little bit closer to actually liking running. Yes, I do it. And I've been doing it off and on since I was about 15. But, do I like it? No. I've never been one of those people that finds relaxation and relief from life in a run. It's always been a chore that has to be done. And I've honestly always been okay with that.

But tonight was different. I had to convince myself to go up to the gym, as usual :) See, my headphone konked out out on me during yesterday's run and a treadmill run without TV or music is not a good idea! I brought my backup set which I got free with my Venus razor :p I know, quality at its finest. They actually work fine, but they are the earbud type and I've got either really small earholes or they aren't shaped right. Whatever the case, I have a hard time keeping them in my ears! They just keep popping out!

Anywho, I had 40 minutes ahead of me. Despite the need to push the buds back in my ears every minute or so, the run flew by! Only in the last 10 minutes or so did I begin to get bored. It wasn't that I was tired or fatigued, I was just bored. I finished with my last 2 minutes at 6.0mph and felt great! I thought maybe I'd be tired on my 3/4 mile walk home, but I didn't feel tired in the least bit!

It was on this little walk that it hit me! I actually felt kinda good! I felt strong and confident. The run I was dreading was cake. I still haven't missed a run. I am actually running and not hating it! This is amazing, I thought! I can't exactly say that I'll be getting up in the morning hardly able to keep myself from running, but I'm definitely taking a step in the right direction :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good job Nicole! You're doing an awesome job and you're on the road to a very successful 2008 Marathon.

Anonymous said...

Keep up the good work. It will keep getting easier.