Sunday, April 13, 2008

May the Wonders Never Cease!

I had 5 miles on the treadmill to get through today. When I woke up and saw the sun, I got so excited that I could possibly tackle these 5 miles outdoors...then I went outdoors. Uh, no. It was cold and windy. Not ideal.

I ran errands, watched some TV, played with my heart rate monitor. Yeah, I broke out that painful mofo. I did the fit test on it and was happy to find out that despite my lazy winter, I seem to be in the same cardiovascular health as when I left off training...which was only "fair", but I'll take it! Finally, I decided I better head on over to the office gym to get this run taken care of.

I admit, I was full on dreading a treadmill run this long. Especially given the slow pace I'm running at right now. I got on, searched the TV channels...ended up stuck with Die Hard 2, not my top choice, but it did the trick...and started running. Here is the crazy thing, I swear this run felt better than all my shorter runs this week! What's up with that?! My heart rate monitor showed that my heart rate was in a good place for most of the run and I didn't have the Lead Leg Syndrome I seem to be suffering from recently. It's crazy! And great!

Once again, I got in all my runs this week. I guess maybe when you actually do the training the way its supposed to be done, your runs aren't so hard. Who'da thought?! :p This gives me so much confidence and makes me feel very excited! Granted there are like 25 more weeks to go (or something like that), but if they can all be this good, I have no doubt that I'll be crossing the finish line with a smile on my face.

Here is this week's plan...I'm scaling back the "extra-cirricular activites":

Sunday: 5 mile run - DONE!
Monday: 20 min Pilates video
Tuesday: 35 min run
Wednesday: 40 min run
Thursday: Rest
Friday: 35 min run
Saturday: Upperbody Lifting & Abs
Sunday: 6 mile run

1 comment:

Cheesehead Runner said...

GREAT call on running indoors, the wind was brutal! Congrats on a good treadmill run, it always restores my faith in those terrible machines when you have a great session!