Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Finally broke the streak!

With a friend in from out of town and prepping for my trip, I finally missed a run! Dang it! But, as we all know, it's bound to happen! And being that I'll be in B.F.E. California for the next 4 days, I'm not sure how much running I'll get done at all! I know the scenery would probably be great out there around the lake, but the truth is that I really don't feel all that comfortable running around by myself in a rural area where I don't know where I'm going. That just sounds like an abduction waiting to happen! But, we'll see!

Today, to make up for yesterday's missed run, I went to the gym upstairs on my lunch hour and did it on the treadmill. I cannot believe how great I feel after that! I came back was just bursting with energy! And the run went incredibly well...not only did I never feel fatigued or tired, but I wasn't even bored! The run felt so easy that the 40 minutes just flew by. It's almost like I'm a real runner now or something :)

I won't be taking my laptop on the trip, as a tent just isn't the most secure place to store $1500 worth of electronics! I will charge my phone before we leave San Fran and I guess it will last as long as it lasts! This is going to be very strange to be so out of the loop for a few days. But in a good way! I guess I will see you all after the Wildflower!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hope you have a good trip.
sorry to hear about your streak - I killed mine as well. Oh well.