Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Good Food & Mojitos

I needed last night. It made for a less than stellar morning, but I really, really needed it! One of my girlfriends is in town for the next few days, but due to my running schedule and leaving for my trip to see Jon compete in the Wildflower on Thursday, last night was the best night to meet up.

It started with a freezing cold walk through the rain to Bandera on Michigan Ave. Hello, yummy! First off, great ambiance! Very dimly lit, mostly boothes, but some great tables overlooking the Mag Mile. We got a booth right next to the jazz band that was playing and it was awesome. You couldn't stop tapping your foot or bobbing your head...great time! Now the food...oh, the food! This is definitely a meat-happy restaurant, so my choices as a vegetarian were limited. But, I got the Veggieburger and it was ridiculously delicious! It came with coleslaw covered in a peanut sauce...BOMB! It was a different, but a great take on coleslaw! We decided to share a side of their Mac & Cheese and it was so rich I could only eat a few bites...oh, but they were heavenly!

From there, we headed back to her hotel to meet another one of our friends at the Crimson Lounge downstairs. This place was great too! The decor was totally awesome and it was only moderately packed (as it should be since it was a Monday night!) and a great place to just chill! I had a couple of mojitos and they were sooooooo yummy! Good thing I stopped at 2 cuz it was hard to get up this morning just off those! My tolerance isn't what it used to be!

This night out was just what the doctor ordered. I've been trying to be good since I started training and have lost 5 lbs in the past 4 weeks. But, it felt so good to splurge for a night and know that I don't have to feel guilty about it since I'll be making up for it with my runs. Yay for a night on the town and finding new places!

No comments: