Sunday, April 27, 2008

Week 4...DONE!

I have successfully completed another training week. That makes 4...with 23 left to go. That sounds like a really long time!

Friday's 40 minute run was spent on the treadmill since the forecast showed quite the storm rolling in. It's amazing how quickly I became used to running outside because this treadmill run seemed to take forever! But, it was done.

Today was my 7 mile long run. Despite the fact that I know I can do it, I still get nervous before my long runs. I'm sure its some crazy psychological thing that has to do with last year...hopefully I'll break out of it one of these weeks! The run went pretty well overall. The wind was brutal at certain points, but I've miraculously turned into that runner that will not be deterred and it was just a challenge to get through, whereas last year it would have been an excuse to stop and bag it.

I will say that this run felt nowhere as easy as last week's 6 did. It wasn't like it was difficult or anything, but I felt slower and not as excited about the progress as I was last week. Let's say the wind had something to do with that, shall we? :) Okay, good. Right now, I have faith that I can handle any distance scheduled, but the mental part is still going to need some work. Boredom on those long runs is going to become a huge problem. I can already see it coming. Poo.

Here is what my Garmin recorded for this run:

http://connect.garmin.com/activity/57978

Problem is that the pace on the watch usually was somewhere around ten and a half minute miles. Sometimes even eleven minute miles. So how does that equal ten minute miles being recorded EVERY mile? Either the pace thing is not accurate or timer isn't. As crazy as I would look running with 2 watches on, I'm about to do it for a run to see if its accurate. Ten minute miles would be great, but I'm just having a hard time buying into it.
And there you have it, folks. Week 4 is done. Bring on Week 5!

No comments: