Wednesday, April 02, 2008

Just like I thought

My run today felt MUCH better than yesterday. I was a lot less winded and I felt strong...although that didn't keep me from wanting to stop sometimes. But I didn't! So far, I've hit all my workout this week! 2 more and I successfully have this week in my pocket! That is so amazing for me!

So, my dearest Jon is doing the Wildflower Triathlon in May...and since he came all the way out to Chicago to see my miserable marathon failure, I could not miss seeing him in this awesome event. Here's the thing...I got the email from his boy today detailing our venture and I'm not sure I'm really ready for what I seemed to have signed up for! We fly into San Fran. Easy enough. Then we drive 3 hours south to I don't even know where. Once there, we CAMP for 3 days. I'm told there are showers, so at least we won't be musty. Because a bunch of musty tri-athletes just sounds gross!

I'm gonna let you in on a little secret...I have not camped since I was about 9 years old. Any while I used to really, really love taking showers from a water pouch attached to a tree branch and fishing for crawdads with a stick and some hot dogs...I'm just not sure I'm ready for this!

But you know what? I'll just have to make due cuz I wouldn't miss this for the world!

No comments: