Tuesday, April 08, 2008

My 4 miles

I've been meaning to blog about how my 4 miles turned out this weekend, but I've been sidetracked a lot with the Y-ME stuff! I swear I'm living at this office trying to get all the employees "Pink'd" for our fundraiser!

Anywho, I have one questions. When are they gonna finish fixing the path on the lake??!! Not only are they messing with my mileage signs, but they are blocking the water fountains! I was not prepared for that. But, the good news is that I got out there and I ran the whole 4 miles! The wind sucked. I was cold. I was breathing harder than any treadmill run. But I got it done! Only for a VERY brief moment did I question if I'd finish. My body felt fine, but the breathing was getting on my nerves! I had to do a little off-roading when I got to the "constuction" point because the whole reason to run on the lake is to relieve my poor ol' knees from the pounding of the sidewalk. So, through the grass I went...hoping there was no doggie doo.

I got passed by a lot of runners. But you know what? I didn't even care! I'm just proud that I'm out there doing my thing again! And it also brought back a lot of memories from last year, good and bad. For one, can I just say something? To all you walkers out there on the path...can you please stay off the gravel? Your knees don't need that gravel the way my knees do and I don't see why I have to dart in and out of you guys just to run on it. Thanks. There! I've been wanting to get that off my chest for a long time! :)

I think I may need to re-evaluate my game plan. I wish I could lift and cross-train and run, but I'm starting to think that is a bit much for the shape I'm in. Maybe I'd been running all this time and wasn't starting at square one, I could do all that. But, my body definitely feels tired right now. While the mileage is short, its workable, but I know as it gets longer, its going to be a problem! Here's what I think my adjusted week will look like:

Sunday - 4 mile run (done)
Monday - Rest
Tuesday - S/T upper body & core, 30 min run
Wednesday - 35 min run
Thursday - Rest
Friday - S/T upper body & core, 20 min light x-training
Saturday - 25 min run
Sunday - 5 miles

Based on the weather outlook, I believe most of these runs will be taking place on the treadmill. Maybe next week I can start trying to get them done in the morning around my neighborhood. That'll be the day! :)

No comments: